Work life balance
We don't want anyone to burn out, and feel so much pressure they reach a breaking point. For that we have some structured guidelines such as our working hours. We work from 8:00 or 9:00 in the morning until 17:00 or 18:00. We don't have overtime and we don't work weekends.
The are few reasons behind this:
- We don't believe 14 hours work days are more efficient. In fact, it's most likely less efficient.
- Working overtime can be stressful for long periods of time. But then again, if we manage our time correctly, we shouldn't have a need for overtime.
- We all have families, friends and hobbies. Work is an important element in our life, but not the only one. Other elements should not be harmed by it. Further more, having a healthy work-life balance often increases our productivity.
Things we encourage
- Having short breaks every hour.
- Learning new stuff and contributing code at home - it doesn't need to be work/ projects related. Contribution is like a muscle that needs exercise.
Things we discourage
- Eating in front of the computer at work. You need to rest your eyes and mind.
- Taking on too many responsibilities.
- Mental Health & Open Source, DrupalCon Barcelona 2016
- Your Brain Health is More Important than your Standing Desk, DrupalCon New-Orleans 2016